Our consultants have been qualified as experts on research methodology and transfer of venue. We have prepared numerous reports and affidavits for transfer of venue motions in State and Federal courts throughout the country and testified at many hearings.
We have conducted venue surveys ranging in size from 400 to 2,500 people in order to assess whether there was significant bias in certain venues. In other cases we have evaluated the results and implications of surveys conducted by other researchers. We have also offered testimony on juror attitudes, juror bias, juror decision making, and jury selection.
Some of the cases we have worked on include:
- In the Matter of Endoscopy Center and Associated Business and Coordinated Cases, District Court Clark County Nevada.
- Charles Lucas v. American Optical Corporation, et al., Letcher Circuit Court, Kentucky
- State of Ohio v. John Parsons, Ross County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio.
- Rodriguez v. Carabin and Shaw, P.C., Bexar County District Court, Texas
- Stephen A. Bartek, et al. v. State of Alaska, Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry, Case No. 3PA-98-0247 Civ., Superior Court of the State of Alaska, Third Judicial District at Anchorage
- Hartford County v. Shell Oil Company, et al., Circuit Court for Hartford County, Civ. No 23619-737, Maryland
- Gene Thayer, Pete Hamper, Ron Iverson & Timberline Heights, Inc. v. City Commission of Helena and the City of Helena, District Court, Lewis and Clark County, Montana