We have a strong white collar crime practice, including variety of cases involving allegations of accounting fraud, options backdating, and securities trading fraud. A selection of white collar criminal lawsuits on which we have consulted:
- SEC v. Mozilo, Sambol & Sieracki. Central District of CA (Los Angeles). Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe. This case involved high profile charges against management employees of Countrywide Financial. We conducted multiple phases of pre-trial research and assisted the trial team with the preparation of jury selection materials, demonstratives, trial themes and opening statements.
- Peregrine Securities Fraud Litigation. Southern District of CA (San Diego). Cooley Godward, Law Offices of Eugene Iredale, Bienert & Krongold, Law Offices of Kathryn Thickstun Leff. Peregrine was the largest corporate accounting fraud case ever tried in the Southern District of CA. We were involved in every stage of trial preparation for this litigation, including pre-trial research, witness preparation, and jury selection.
- Micrel v. Deloitte & Touche. Santa Clara County. Hopkins & Carley. This litigation involved claims of malpractice against Deloite & Touche for advising Micrel that its policy of backdating new employee’s stock options to the lowest price within thirty days of their hire did not violate GAAP. Trial Behavior conducted a mock trial and extensive witness preparation for Hopkins & Carley on behalf of Micrel in this matter.
- SEC v. Berry. Northern District of California (San Jose). Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe. This case involved allegations of stock options backdating against the general counsel of KLA-Tencor and Juniper networks. Trial Behavior conducted multiple phases of pre-trial research and witness preparation.
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission v. Delay, et al. S. District Court, of Nebraska (Omaha). Baker Hostetler. This case involved allegations of commodity futures trading fraud. We worked extensively with the trial team during trial to help select the jury and prepare witnesses to testify.
- U.S. v. White. Northern District of CA (San Francisco). Keker & Van Nest. We worked closely with attorney John Keker on this case involving allegations of accounting fraud against then CEO of Informix Corporation.
- People vs. K. Hoss, Law Offices of Danny Davis, Superior Court, Los Angeles, CA.
- People vs. Leticia Castro, Law Offices of Glaser, Damone & Schroeder, Superior Court, Long Beach, CA.
- People vs. Lily Gonzalez and Roger Ruiz, Law Offices of Glaser, Damone & Schroeder, Superior Court, Los Angeles, CA.
- People vs. Raul Ramirez, Michael Artan, Superior Court, Los Angeles, CA.
We have extensive experience consulting on high stakes criminal cases around the country. We have worked on a variety of challenging criminal trials against both corporations and individuals, including the only two federal death penalty trials in California in the last 20 years. In addition, we have worked on capital cases in Ohio, Georgia, Louisiana and California.