- Graduate social science degree, PhD preferred;
- Presenting or publishing in academic forums or journals a plus;
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills;
- Experience in jury consulting desirable;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent oral communication and relationship skills;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office;
- Proficient with SPSS;
- Regular travel, including week long trips.
Our firm employs consultants at a number of different levels based on experience and skill set, with an emphasis on growth and development. This is a demanding career and it is important that there be a good fit between the candidate and the company.
Over our 30 year history, the Trial Behavior team has assisted thousands of trial teams in high stakes litigation nationwide. We facilitate pre-trial research and, in preparation for trial, work with witnesses to improve testimonial skills, develop effective strategy and themes, and assist with jury selection. In addition, we work hand in hand with counsel to execute case strategy throughout the course of trial.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with applied social science; the ability to draft and edit sophisticated qualitative and quantitative research analyses is a must. We generally work in teams, requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively. In addition, candidates must be comfortable excelling under pressure as tight deadlines are the norm. Self-confidence and professionalism are a requirement as candidates must be able to work effectively with attorneys and clients.
Trial Behavior Consulting was founded in 1984 and is a nationwide trial consulting firm with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago. To learn more about our firm go to www.trialbehavior.com Please email a cover letter AND resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Jury Consultant Los Angeles” in the subject line of your email.